Friday, December 1, 2006

I Had Better Explain...

To expand on my last entry, which was vague, but still useful as it was merely meant as a disclaimer, here is a little blip about the current state of my life. I am a freshman at the Kansas City Art Institute. This school is profoundly liberal, racy, and surprisingly ignorant. All of these elements culminate to create a perfect place in which to test an individuals morality and belief system, and so it is with me.

It is also a location which fosters unruly situations that nearly anywhere else would be declared simply immoral, or to use the legal term, harassment. Yes, there is a story behind that last statement. Several, in fact, but I will tell of the most recent one.

On Wednesday, my studio class and I were cleaning the room in preparation for the end of semester show on December eighth. The room was largely open, and we took this opportunity to mop the floor. Arriving back to the classroom early from lunch, I found myself in the company of three boys. I had come back in order to measure out my corner of the room to better plan the dimensions of my next project. I found this difficult to achieve, as one of the boys grabbed a mop and drew a giant penis on the floor with it. One may guess where the offensive organ ended.

When I protested this action on the grounds that I did not want it in my space, I was told that it would be removed if I licked it. To punctuate this sentence, he added details to the entrails on the pavement.

Seeing that my words were lost on this male, I turned to one of the others and asked him if I might borrow his mop to erase the other boys drawing. Instead of simply saying, "no," he walked over to my space and drew a vagina.

"There, now it's equal."

After this, I would have simply gone back to my measurements, but that was simply too anticlimactic for this situation. The best way to end an encounter such as this one, I have found, is with a lively discussion about homosexuality. This conversation was simply full of slanted questions that I was not allowed to answer due to frequent interruptions. Somehow, this person was able to draw the conclusion from all of this that Jesus has nothing to do with the Torah, even though I don't think that he has read either the Jewish law books or the Gospels of Christ. Don't ask me how we got to this point, because I'm confused about that too.

Just as my encounter with these persons had no resolve, so I shall leave you with none. Adu, my fair audience. I take my bows so that I may join my other students in the cafeteria for the evening slopping.

3 comments:

93-B said...

I'm sorry, girl. You just give me the nod and these won't bother you ever again.

Katherine said...

Thanks for the offer, but if Jesus does allow them to recieve a beating, I want to be the one to give it.

well,blue productions said...

Things could be worse...I'm sorry lovely. I feel like you should stay here though, don't try to go to another art school further from the prayer room.