Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Little Did You Know

Do any of you remember when Third Day came out with that amazing song “You Are So Good to Me”? Everyone loved it. Christian radio stations played it at least three times a day, and I can remember hearing people talk about how much more they loved Third Day because of it. I’m sure that they made some serious bank off of it, too.

What many people do not know is that Third Day did not write this song. Oh, no my friends, we can give credit for this song to one of my favorite musicians, Ben Pasley.

Unfortunately, I can hear all of you in my head right now asking, “Who?” The answer to your question is the man who is responsible for Enter the Worship Circle records, the artist featured on the first Chair and Microphone album (of which there will be a total of 150 volumes, by the way), and the extra guy you hear but never know on assorted tracks of varying Enter the Worship Circle albums.

This great man is the first one ever (aside from God) to know the lyrics and melody to “You Are So Good to Me.” He wrote it, Waterdeep preformed it, and Third Day covered it, subsequently making it famous. Now you know, and if you need proof, just check it out.

http://www.worshiparchive.com/worship_chord_sheet.asp?t=author&id=67

5 comments:

well,blue productions said...

Actually, it was Don and Lori Chafer of waterdeep.

Fairing Well said...

Actually, it was my mom.

Katherine said...

Technically, Don Chafer, Lori Chafer, Ben Pasley, and Robin Pasley all wrote it together. I just like Ben the best, so I slanted the facts.

Fairing Well said...

Technically, it was my mom.

Anonymous said...

katherine, you are very kind. thanks for the props. i have been surrounded by some great people that have helped me look better than i really have ever looked in person. i don't know if it is good blogging etiquette but come over and check out what we are doing at 100portraits.com... ben