Thursday, January 11, 2007

I Like that I Like…

I decided to take my next blog entries and say what it is that I like about the people that I like. What inspired this? Good spirits. When will it end? When I stop. That’s all the explanation that you’re getting, and with that you also get:

Alison Smith.
Alison Smith is a sweet southern belle, without the empty-headed superficial-ness that the phrase connotes. Although she is among the kindest people that I have ever met, she is still full of reality on many different levels.

The first level is a practical one. She does more stuff than anyone I know, and makes the most of every opportunity. She is on staff, assists Stewart Greaves, is among one of the most well read people that I know, plays the piano, is learning to play the clarinet, com-leads for the Fire In The Night interns, mentors a beautiful young lady, and she knits her own scarves. Her resourcefulness with her time doesn’t end there: I once had a lovely outing with her shopping for new drapes to go in her kitchen. After we had the drapes hung, she fired me an egg. Whatever she has, she shares.

However, the thing that I most value her for is her reality of Christ and His coming again. She will quickly put sweetness aside in order to keep Holiness and Purity. In every situation she is put in, even if she doesn’t know how, she trusts that God will use it to make her a better person, more loving and even more beautiful, so she doesn’t run away from anything. I don’t think that you could keep her away from her Bible with a pit bull. She is always searching, but always grounded as well, and overall, an extremely balanced person.

I love you, dearly!

No comments: