Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Misplaced or Well Placed?

This one is an apology couched in a story.

I was sick, in my dorm room, listening to Edison Glass, looking at my photo book of Spectacular Ireland, and sipping a latte, when the Holy Spirit entered the room. I was hungry, and dinner was being served in the cafeteria, so I got out of listening to Him by reasoning that it was just my emotions, and left to eat. That was stupid.

When I got back to my room, I asked forgiveness, it was given, and God started speaking again. He brought me to John’s account of the last supper, specifically to the part where He washes His disciples’ feet, and highlighted a verse that I have never much thought of before. It was John 13:7 which says, “Jesus answered him [Peter], “What I am doing you do not understand now, but afterward you will understand.””

Having the retrospect of someone who knows the story, I always just took that verse for granted, and I had never really thought of the emotion behind it. Jesus was about to die, and He was the only one who knew it. I know that if I were Him, all I would have wanted was someone to understand and show me sympathy; to let me cry while they held me on the night before I died. Christ was perfectly alone. But even while He was in that place of being totally misunderstood, He ministered to His beloved, right up to the end.

When I titled my blog, what I really meant was “misunderstood” which lead me to feel misplaced, even though I knew that I was not and still am not. As far as I can tell, it is a theme thru out the Bible that the greatest and most critical times in a person’s life is when he or she will feel the most misplaced. Most of the Old Testament prophets suffered greatly when they brought forth the Word of the Lord, so did the Apostles, and Jesus Himself suffered the most of anyone when He was buying us back.

Therefore, who I am I to piss and moan about my life at a liberal college? Persecution only means that I am well placed, not misplaced, and I should count it joy to be stationed at Kansas City Art Institute at this time to serve the will of my God. Knowing this, I must issue an apology to those who have read this blog in its sinful state, and ask their forgiveness, as the contents of this page have not been uplifting or edifying to anyone.

I will still write about things that I think are funny or ridiculous that happen here, but it won’t be to try and evoke your sympathy for my terrible life at art school, twenty minuets away from IHOP, my sister and her husband, along with several wonderful Christian friends.

However, I will keep the phrase “Offensive Confessionals,” in the title, because I think it’s funny, and there are plenty of people who find the Gospel offensive. I just won’t be trying to be offensive anymore.

I love all of you, and thank you for tuning in.

Oh, and Jane doesn’t really hate me, she was just having a bad day, so I’m sorry for that misunderstanding as well.

6 comments:

JimChristopher said...

You are not alone. Your post indicates you are in the dorm, and that probably means you are frosh or soph. Take the time to listen to God, and let Him lead. Too often we try to guide Him into the way we want to go. Don't dispair, but check out Riverview Community Church or Jacobs Well. Stand up for yourself in class or foundations, whichever. You do not have to accept what some of these profs say. Their projectile philosophy is just another mess to clean up. You are not alone. We are here.

Katherine said...

Yeah, I am a freshman. Do you attend KCAI too?

well,blue productions said...

Hey Skiddles, just a word of advice from your sister, if you meet this guy for the love take Jane or Jesse with you. Excellent post by the way.

Katherine said...

Thanks for that, so, does that mean you forgive me?

well,blue productions said...

Forgive you for what? Were we in fight that I didn't know about?

Katherine said...

Did you read the apologie post that you're commenting on?